FIRE RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE
July 12, 2016 - The Larimer County Commissioners Adopts Fire
Restrictions on Open Fires & Fireworks -- the full press release can be
found here: http://www.larimer.org/news/newsDetail.cfm?id=4280
Larimer Emergency Telephone Authority (LETA) Alerts
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE REVERSE 911 CALLS TO ANY NUMBER OR CELLPHONE AT LETA911.ORG
Learn how to protect your property and yourself! Come to our summer workshops:
Fire Mitigation in the Home Ignition Zone — Saturday, June 4th
Evacuation: How and When to Get Out — Sunday, June 26th
Get Wildfire Smart About Insurance — Sunday, July 10th
Evacuation: How and When to Get Out — Saturday, July 30th
Fire Mitigation in the Home Ignition Zone — Sunday, August 14th
All workshops are at 1:00 pm in the Wapiti Room and everyone is welcome to attend (you do not need to be a Crystal Lakes property owner). Refreshments provided
Practice Wildfire Safety
People start most wildfires - find out how you can promote and practice wildfire safety.
- Contact your local fire department, health department, or forestry office for information on fire laws.
- Make sure that fire vehicles can get to your home. Clearly mark all driveway entrances and display your name and address.
- Report hazardous conditions that could cause a wildfire.
- Teach children about fire safety. Keep matches out of their reach.
- Post fire emergency telephone numbers.
- Ensure adequate accessibility by large fire vehicles to your property.
- Plan several escape routes away from your home - by car and by foot.
- Talk to your neighbors about wildfire safety. Plan how the neighborhood could work together after a wildfire. Make a list of your neighbors' skills such as medical or technical. Consider how you could help neighbors who have special needs such as elderly or disabled persons. Make plans to take care of children who may be on their own if parents can't get home.
For more information on wildfire safety, visit the U.S. Fire Administration's website.